The Equity and Excellence Certificate Program is a professional development and anti-racism training opportunity for CSU faculty and staff as well as those within our surrounding school communities. Link to Sign Up This link will take you to an external website in a new tab.
Equity & Excellence
ImageCTEPP Equity and Excellence Flyer(PNG, 582.81 KB)
Course 1: Setting the Foundation for Advancing Racial Equity in Education
2-3 hours; prerequisite
- Participants will be able to articulate why anti-racist and social justice work is important to their work in education.
- Participants will be able to identify examples of the history of systemic racism and other systems of oppression in the U.S. and how these are related to deeply rooted policies and practices of U.S. education.
Course 2: Critical Self-Reflection
- Participants will be able to reshape/refine mindsets about race/ethnicity, equity, and inclusion.
- Participants will be better able to attend to identities and intersectionalities, their own and those of others, and how these impact interactions within their sphere of influence.
- Participants will articulate how to take action to minimize biases and marginalization within their sphere of influence.
Course 3: Applying DEI Educator Practices
- Participants will feel confident to engage in anti-racism and equity work in teacher preparation and education.
- Participants will be able to devise a plan and develop strategies for disrupting systemic oppression.
*Course price may vary based on the university fees and California Faculty Association.